(VOVworld) – Sugar-coated fruits are a popular dessert Vietnamese people serve during Tet, the Lunar New Year festival. It’s way for women to show off their cooking skill.
- Sugar, kumquats, ginger, purified lime water, alum
- Make several cuts in the skin of the kumquats and remove the seeds
- Soak the kumquats in purified lime water for 4-5 hours.
- Wash the kumquats and soak in alum solution (one liter of water to one tablespoon of alum).
- Mix 1 kg of kumquats with 600g of sugar and soak for 1 hour.
- Simmer the mixture on low heat and add ginger slices after the mixture is drained.