Saudi Arabia, allies launch air strikes in Yemen against Houthi fighters

Saudi Arabia, allies launch air strikes in Yemen against Houthi fighters - ảnh 1
A 10-country coalition had joined in the military campaign, says SA envoy. Photo: Reuters

(VOVworld)-Saudi Arabia and Gulf region allies launched military operations, including air strikes, in Yemen on Wednesday.
The military campaign, called Resolute Storm was targeted Houthi rebels, and backed the government of Yemeni president Mansour Hadi. The Saudi Ambassador to the US, Adel al-Jubeir, said that a coalition of 10 countries had been created to protect the government.
He added that Saudi Arabia has consulted the Obama administration, however, Washington affirmed that it would not directly involve in the campaign. President Barack Obama has authorised the “provision of logistical and intelligence support” to the military operation, the White House announced.
In another development, Houthi leader Mohammed al-Bukhaiti said on Thursday that Saudi air strikes was no different from an invasion and warned that the move could accelerate regional conflict

Feedback

Related News
Others