Bangkok shrine bomber may no longer in Malaysia

(VOVworld) - The yellow-shirted man suspected of planting the deadly bomb at the Erawan shrine in Bangkok, Thailand, last month is believed to have left Malaysia. Deputy national police chief Chakthip Chaijinda, who is overseeing the probe into the shrine blast on Aug 17 and the Sathon pier bombing the following day, was speaking Wednesday after returning from a trip to Malaysia to follow up on the case. He said the yellow-shirted suspect has been identified, but refused to name him.

Bangkok shrine bomber may no longer in Malaysia - ảnh 1
Deputy chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda says the main bomb suspect entered Thailand on a Chinese passport issued in Xinjiang, and has fled Thailand through Malaysia.
(photo by Apichart Jinakul)

The suspect had entered Thailand more than once on a Chinese passport that stated he was from the Xinjiang region.
General Chakthip travelled to Malaysia after police there announced they had arrested three suspects – two Malaysians and a Pakistani – for having suspected links to the Bangkok city blasts.

Feedback

Related News
Others