World community reacts to DPRK's latest missile launch

(VOVworld) – Jonhap News Agency on Sunday quoted South Korean government officials as saying that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s failed missile launch the same day could be a KN-15 medium-range ballistic missile, the same type as the one fired earlier this month. At a UN Security Council emergency meeting, Seoul vowed to retaliate strongly to the North's provocations. 

World community reacts to DPRK's latest missile launch - ảnh 1
North Korean trucks carry missiles in a massive military parade on April 15 in Pyongyang
 (Photo: Reuters)

There was a high degree of confidence it was not an intercontinental ballistic missile, a US official said on condition of anonymity to Reuters.

US Vice President Mike Pence was quickly in contact with President Donald Trump to discuss Pyongyang’s missile launch, the vice president's aides said. News of North Korea's latest attempted missile launch reached him while he was on his flight to Seoul.

The UK Foreign Office expressed concerns over the DPRK’s move, saying UK officials are closely monitoring the situation. Earlier, UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said Pyongyang must adhere to UN resolutions.

The missile test came a day after the DPRK marked the 105th anniversary of the birth of its founding president, Kim Il-sung.

Feedback

Related News
Others