Le Quoc Minh, Editor-in-Chief of the Nhan Dan (People) Newspaper, told a press conference to announce the event on Monday that the program will bring together artists and soldiers from across Vietnam and feature modern performance technology to inspire patriotism, national pride and the aspiration to contribute to the nation. “The highlight of last year’s year first edition was the parade featuring 68 soldiers who returned from participating in the parade at Red Square in Moscow, Russia. This year’s event will also feature a military parade, but with larger contingents from the military and police forces and a new formation, which will certainly delight spectators,” said Mr Minh.

Organisers said that while the programme has been renewed in terms of scale, content and technology, “To Quoc Trong Tim” continues to preserve five defining elements: an patriotic concert for audiences of all generations, the message that the Fatherland is not far away but lives in every heart, the iconic V-shaped stage, the powerful sight and sound of tens of thousands of people singing the national anthem “Tien Quan Ca” (Song of Marching Troops) and other songs in unison, and the image of the national flag presented throughout the programme.

It will comprise three chapters – “Non song mot dai” (A unified land) highlighting key milestones in the nation’s history, “Sac do tu hao” (A proud shade of red) with the national flag at the centre of the artistic narrative, and “To quoc trong tim” (The Fatherland in Our Hearts) highlighting how love for the country inspires action among today’s generations.

The show is expected to attract around 40,000 spectators. Performances will also be expanded into public spaces, allowing more people to watch and interact with the event.